Five years ago I bought a swimsuit at a summer sale. Today it is in a terrible shape, the rubberbands are dry and cracked. I have been to so many shops to find a new one, but no, none has been satisfying – too expensive, too sporty, too shiny, too tiny. So I decided to sew one! Trust me, many has questioned my idea.
Thank’s to the community We sew retro and tell I found the right pattern: Butterick Patterns by Gertie, B6067.
After many considerations I decided to use a “normal” and new fabric suitable for swimsuits, I turned it inside out to make it less shiny. I wanted a proper retro look, of course!
It has not been as difficult as I first thought to sew the swimsuit, but it has been necessary to pin every stitch very carefully.
No, I never ever thought I would end up on the web wearing only a swimsuit… But I am so pleased with the result.